Are you interested in cooking, managing a restaurant, or helping people with their nutrition needs? The Culinary Arts and Nutrition program at the Thompson School offers an Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts and Nutrition with specializations in Culinary Arts and Dietetic Technician.
- Food preparation in 2 Thompson School Restaurants and in UNH’s state-of-the-art Dining halls
- skills in the use of the Thompson School commercial kitchen for culinary labs including:
baking, display cooking, catering operations, culinary nutrition, American, regional and international cuisine
- food safety, nutrition, menu cost and controls
Only two-year accredited Dietetic Technician program in NH
- To help educate clients about the connection between food, fitness and health
- To help treat and prevent disease by conducting screenings, gathering data and performing other tasks
- To assist the registered dietitian in providing medical nutrition therapy as an important part of health-care teams.
- To develop and teach nutrition classes for the public.
- To manage employees, purchase and prepare food and assist with budgets within food service operations.
- To develop menus, oversee food service sanitation and safety
- To prepare food labeling information and conduct nutrient analysis.
Both specializations will complete a 400-600 hour work experience which provides real world experience where you can apply your skills.
For more information about this degree, go to http://www.thompsonschool.unh.edu/can/.